of citizens in the democratic life
of their Metropolitan cities
of good governance at
the Metropolitan level
The project will be based on building a thematic network of European Metropolitan Cities that will exchange experiences about their management and role in the future of European governance, by focusing on the participation of citizens in these processes. The network will gather Metropolitan Cities with years of experiences with the Metropolis institutions and realities. The project will allow citizens to develop an active citizenship in the democratic life of their Metropolitan cities and a strong sense of European identity together with a sense of inclusion and integration among inhabitants.
The tools of the project will include five international events addressing both citizens and policy-makers; participative local activities for citizens to discuss the covered topics; a questionnaire for target groups (before and after the events); a website, necessary to facilitate networking among stakeholders; a movie and a publication about results achieved.
- to establish a network of Metropolitan Cities from different European regions that will focus on the inclusion of citizens in the decision-making project
- to foster the active participation of citizens in the democratic life of their Metropolitan cities
- to support the development of good governance at the Metropolitan level
- to promote a strong sense of European identity in Metropolitan cities
- to foster inclusion and integration among their inhabitants
- to improve citizens’ knowledge of European and local institutions
- to promote citizens’ sense of ownership towards such institutions
The European Commission support for the production of this publication does not constitute an endorsement of the contents which reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein